The benefits of light steel construction in relation to acoustic performance are:
- High levels of acoustic performance can be achieved.
- Light steel construction utilises multiple layers of construction, which are ideal for providing high levels of acoustic insulation.
- Light steel products such as ‘acoustic’ studs and resilient bars are specifically designed to reduce sound transmission.
- Junctions can easily be detailed to minimise flanking sound.
- The high quality assurance ensures repeatable acoustic performance.
- There is a wide variety of proven light steel wall and floor construction systems.